Saint Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment Programme
The St. Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment Programme is the world’s oldest citizenship programme of its kind. The twin island state of St. Kitts and Nevis is a member of the British Commonwealth and maintains membership in various regional and international organizations including the United Nations. The programme extends to dependant family members including siblings of the main applicant and/or spouse. The St. Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment Programme also offers a VIP Accelerated Application, to fast track the processing time to 45-60 days.
There are two investment options under the St. Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment Programme. The first option is to make a non-refundable contribution to the Government’s Sustainable Growth Fund for $150,000. Alternatively, an investor may invest in government approved real estate developments such as hotels, villas, and resorts with the options of freehold, whole ownership, or fractional ownership. The investment value for a single investor is $400,000 for a period of five years or $200,000 for a period of seven years where a joint investment with another main applicant is made totalling $400,000. The real estate investment can be sold after the mandatory holding period.
Procedure & Timeline
- Main applicant in good standing
- Investment option chosen
- File preparation & submission
- Payment of non-refundable due diligence and processing fees. $7,500 for main applicant and an additional $4,000 for every dependent over 16 years of age
- Application is reviewed by the Citizenship by Investment Unit (CIU)
In Principle Approval Issued
- Chosen investment is paid and finalized
- Payment of government fees (only applicable if investment option through real estate is chosen). $35,000 for main applicant, an additional $20,050 for the spouse, $40,000 for a sibling, and a further $10,050 for any other qualified dependant
- Naturalization Certificate is issued
- Passport is issued